Our commitment to privacy
We are committed to being transparent about how we retain and use personal information. Our policy is not just an exercise in complying with the law, but a continuation of our respect for you and your personal information. Our policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at http://www.knowyourprivacyrights.org.
Use of Information
When we collect personal information, we are open about how we will use it. We only use your details to respond to your requests and provide you information on our services. In addition, we require personal information to maintain our trusted client relationships. In these instances, personal identifiable data is maintained for business activities such as informing clients and potential clients of on and off market commercial real estate opportunities or providing a full client reporting service. Furthermore, we may use the personal information of tenants or other natural persons supplied to us to carry out work such as property management, accounting services and asset management on your or a landlord’s behalf. If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to two years in case we decide to contact you in the future. If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. We are able to send you regular updates on news, events and real estate insight if you choose to opt-in, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com if you wish to be added to our mailing list.
- We receive your personal details when you contact us directly via our website contact pages.
- We record details of staff and business contacts, for example when business cards are exchanged or from information provided at a business conference or event.
- We collect information provided in connection to our services, for example in connection with a tenancy or a lease agreement.
- We may require information to validate your identity, such as a passport or proof of residency document.
We have process and policies in place to ensure your details are safe and secure. We may share your information as necessary to carry out our business, by your requests or as required by law or other legal process. We may share personal information with:
- APAM employees who require the information to provide our service
- Organisations that work alongside us to support the service we provide you – We do not share personal information with third parties except as necessary to carry out our business
- Those you have given your permission for us to share with
- Official bodies to detect and prevent criminal activity
Keeping your information safe
We have technological and operational security policies and procedures in place to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or unintentional destruction. Our personnel who have access to the data have been trained to maintain the confidentiality of your information. Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required to provide you with the services you have requested, to comply with other law such as the period demanded by our tax authorities and to support a claim or defence in court. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our legal basis for processing your information
We require personal information as necessary for the fulfilment of a contract, under legal obligations and to provide the services we have been asked to provide. In some instances, we rely on our legitimate interests and use personal information to run our business. Where we process your information on this basis, we do so after having considered:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage organisational risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
Please do not hesitate to email email@example.com if you would like to:
- Request a copy of the information we hold
- Ask us not to use or to delete your information
- Have your information corrected
- Opt-in or out of our regular news and market insight updates
- Ask any questions in relation to this privacy statement
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.